Georgina Várhelyi, lead physiotherapist
I graduated from the University of Szeged in physiotherapy. In the last ten years I have worked as a musculoskeletal physiotherapist. I lived in the UK for four years and worked as a physiotherapist. As member of a private clinic I learnt several new methods and techniques based on scientific research. After spendig years in the UK, I worked in Neyrac-les-Bains (France) at the wellness spa section of the popular centre of health tourism, and treated patients suffering from rheumatological diseases.
Sport and dance have always been an important part of my life. Beside my private praxis I worked as a therapist at the Hungarian Dance Academy mainly dealing with sport injuries and prevention. I also helpled ballet students as an instructor of body awareness.
I am both a chartered member of the Hungarian and British Association of Physiotherapists. In order to provide continuous professional development, I regularly attend Hungarian and foreign courses and conferences.
Georgina is currently on maternity leave.
- 2019- Fascia therapy with instruments course- Oriolus-Med
- 2019- Visceral manual therapy modul, I, II- Oriolus-Med
- 2018- FDM (fascia distorsion model) modul I.,II, III
- 2018- Kinesio Taping in pregnancy course
- 2018- Craniomandibular therapy workshop
- 2018- Medical flossing I,II Budapest
- 2018 - Craniosacral therapy modul I. Budapest
- 2015 - Craniomandibular therapy Budapest
- 2014 – Mulligan manual therapy: A+B, C- Budapest
- 2013 – APPI (The Australian Physiotherapy & Pilates Institute) Pilates Matwork Level 1-Manchester, UK
- 2013 – Sport Kinesiology Taping course- Budapest
- 2010 – 2012 – Barvincsenko manual therapy- Budapest
- 2010 – Kinesiology Taping course- Budapest
- 2009 – Modified Pilates and the Gym Ball Course– Manchester, UK
- 2009 – Foundation Acupuncture Course-Manchester, UK
- 2009 – Fitness Instructor Certificate- Manchester, UK
- 2008 – Mental Health Course- Alderley Edge, UK
- 2007 – Manual Handling Course- Alderley Edge, UK
- 2006 – Swimming instructor Szeged
Somogyi Nóra, physiotherapist
I am a physiotherapist in the team of Budapestfizio.I graduated from the Semmelweis University in Budapest. After the university I moved to Poland and started to work in a musculoskeletal rehabilitation clinic and treated patients with orthopedic, neurologic problems. Following that I returned to Budapest I specialised in orthopedic problems as a member of a physiotherapist team in a musculoskeletal private practice. I joined the team of Budapestfizio in 2015, because I really liked their method based on the combination of traditional physiotherapy, manual therapy and pilates.
I regularly attend professional trainings and courses in order to update my knowledge, to hear about the latest research results and methods. In my practice I am always aiming for the most optimal treatment for the patients, using my wide practical experiences.
The sport plays important role in my life, in my freetime I swim and run and run a lot . I always emphasize the importance of injury prevention, so besides treating musculoskeletal issues I always teach preventive exercises, stretching techniques to my patients.
Nora is currently on maternity leave.
Nóra is currently on maternity leave.
- 2018- McKenzie therapy "D" course
- 2017- McKenzie therapy "C" course
- 2016 - McKenzie therapy "B" course
- 2016 - McKenzie therapy "A" course
- 2016 - APPI (The Australian Physiotherapy & Pilates Institute) Pilates Matwork Level 3
- 2015 - APPI (The Australian Physiotherapy & Pilates Institute) Pilates Matwork Level 2
- 2015 - APPI (The Australian Physiotherapy & Pilates Institute) Pilates Matwork Level 1
- 2015 - Cranio mandibular therapy course
- 2014 - Pelvic floor physiotherapy course
- 2012-2014 - Barvicsenko Manual therapy
- 2012 - Modern Scoliosis therapy (Schroth)
- 2012 - Kinesiology Taping course
Enikő Ördögh, physiotherapist
I have graduated as a physiotherapist from the University of Szeged in 2016, where I also got my master’s degree in 2018. Before joining the Budapestfizio team, I worked as a physiotherapist at Napfényfürdő Aquapolis in Szeged, where all patients received complex treatment. Not only rheumatologic conditons were treated by our team, but also orthopedic, traumatology and neurology cases. During my time there, my focus shifted towards treating spine deformities. I also consider providing individually tailored treatment to all my patients, as simultaneously applying multiple methods often leads to remarkable results.
Shortly after learning the Schroth-method I realised how much more beneficial it is to my patients if the individual elements of a complex treatment are selected from a wider variety in a way that fits the individual needs of each and every patient. This is why I assess the entire body of my patients; treating low back pain cannot be limited to applying methods and tools for that single area.
This is why I keep expanding my professional knowledge, so that I can provide the highest level of complex therapy to all my patients.
- 2019 - FDM (fascia Disztorsion Modell) II. modul
- 2019- APPI Rehabilitation Pilates course 1. modul
- 2018 - FDM (fascia Disztorsion Modell) I. modul
- 2018 - Trigger point and fascia techniques
- 2018 - Mulligan manual therapy - 1. modul
- 2018 - Craniomandibular therapy, Budapest
- 2018 - Flossing therapy
- 2017 - Modern ScoliosisTherapy-Katharina Schroth Method (3DST) - module 2.
- 2017 - Core training
- 2017 - Pediatric massage
- 2016 - SMR – self myofascial release technique
- 2016 - McKenzie method - module "A"
- 2015 - Modern ScoliosisTherapy-Katharina Schroth Method (3DST) - module1.
- 2014 - KinematicTaping
Dr. Daniele Mei, osteopath
I joined BPfizio in 2020, I am an Italian medical doctor and osteopath. After graduating from Tor Vergata Medical University of Rome, I thought that the "distance" between the doctor, the patient and the doctor's diagnosis could be filled by manual therapy.
This led me to travel, to work and to learn a lot and at the end I found what I was looking for in Osteopathy. This is a therapeutic discipline based on anatomy, physiology and medical science. It treats the patient in a holistic way analyzing visceral and cranial dysfunctions as well.
The variety of techniques I have learned (spinal manipulations, fascial techniques, postural and breathing therapy, acupuncture, osteopathy) allows me to treat every kind of patients, from post operation to chronic stage, from prevention to acute pain.
As a practitioner of combat sports I had the opportunity to work with athletes therefore I could integrate mobility exercises, stretching and strengthening fundamentals into my therapeutic plan too.
Currently, besides everyday work, I am attending international courses to be always up to date with the latest techniques, I have also been teaching manual therapy courses in Italy, always committing myself to deliver the best results to my students and patients.
2020 Metodo RIO (Oculomotor Integrative Rehab) - eye, posture and eye muscles rehab
2020 Neurodynamic and Therapeutic Exercise metodo Ibanez (Italy)
2020 Functional taping
2020 Diploma in Football Medicine (FIFA)
2020 SARS-CoV-2 (Covid-19) Prevention and new therapeutic strategies
2019 / 2022 (currently) Education in Visceral and Cranial Osteopathy (EOM Escuela de Osteopatia de Madrid - Rome HQ)
2019 Medical Acupuncture (OMT training - London, UK)
2019 Barefoot training and rehab exercises with TFC
2018 / 2019 Master degree in Neuro Muscular Skeletal Osteopathy (EOM & Verona Medical University)
2017 Craniomandibular therapy (Italy-Rome)
2017 Maigne Spinal Manipulations (Italy-Milan)
2016 Medical Diploma cum laude (Itlaly-Rome)